Reporting is as a spotlight. More information you provide — brighter the light is, and more clearly, we can spot the damn bug.
All reports start by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: BUG
The email should contain the following information:
- Describe the problem
- Make screenshot
- Attach the crashing file
- Provide a console report
Don't worry If you can't provide all of them.
1. Describe the problem
Simply explain what you were doing before you spot the bug.
This explanation helps us replicate your workflow and trigger buggy behaviour on our machine.
2. Make a screenshot
Screenshot of the result, or even better a screen-recording of the steps that will show us how to replicate buggy behaviour is precious information. You can use the native MAC OS screenshot app to record a bug.
3. Attach the crashing file
By sending us the glyphs file containing the drawing and an explanation of the issue, we can investigate the problem with data.
4. Provide a console report
For crashes, the settings might not be saved in the glyphs file yet. However, you can copy the essential inputs for a specific kind of crashes from the Console app.
- Start the Console app (press Cmd + Space and write Console).
- In the Console app, click on the Search field, write LTTR/INK and press Enter.
- Reproduce the crash.
- You should see one or more messages starting with LTTR/INK.
- Select the one which caused the crash. In most cases, it would be the last one, but double check it using the font, glyph, font master and layer name in the message. If the layer contains several paths, you will get separate messages for each of the paths.
- Press Cmd + C to copy the message into the clipboard.
- Paste the message from the clipboard to an e-mail by pressing Cmd + V.